Friday, January 13, 2012

2012: Year of the Dragon

According to the Chinese Zodiac, 2012 is the Year of the Dragon.

Although I'm not too caught up in mysticism I find it interesting to read up on the Dragon and what it represents.

Ultimately, whether you have a good or bad year falls upon your own shoulders, and really when you think of it, there isn't such a thing as a good or bad year.

Every year you simply LEARN.

You take the feedback you've been given and make adjustments.

If you look at your year from a standpoint of having won or lost you'll just beat yourself up.

You can't possibly win in all areas of your life.

I sure didn't win in all areas of my life last year.

But that's the point.

Living and learning is a journey not a destination.

Will you continue to make the same mistakes or bad choices you made last year, this year?

What happens when you paddle the row boat with the same hand?

You go in circles right?

Your growth depends on your ability to turn weaknesses into strengths.

And nobody ever said you had to be perfect either.

Just identify one thing you would like to do better this year.

No pressure, no stress.

You have 365 days (actually a bit less than that) to make that one thing better.

Once you make that one change, your new enthusiasm will drift to another area you need work on, and the momentum will grow.

Every year is a success.

Real success is what you've done compared to what you could have done.

Could you have done more or less?

I'll let YOU think about that.

Master Yourself,

Sibok M

1 comment:

Manuel Montion said...

As I read this in my backyard, I see that there is a thunderstorm approaching from the Pacific. Usually I am frightened by the sounds because they remind me of war. However, this particular blog has readjusted my focus to see that I am already making progress towards self-mastery. Yes I will do more and be more successful. Thank you