Friday, March 6, 2009

It's Louse Time! Are you Dead or Alive?

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self- starters, Welcome.

(if you're not new jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon.

You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his British accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

Today's lesson is: Are you Dead or Alive?

I try to be smooother in my approach in my other e-mails during the week but on Friday I feel like I can cut right to the chase. After all, it is Louse Time.

If you remember my original posts about the meaning of "louse time" it means to deliberately insult somebody's behavior and attitude.

Insult is a strong word, I would say the purpose of Louse Time is to shake your beliefs, get you to take action, break a bad habit, bring awareness to a disempowering behavior, or to force you to take massive action.

So I ask you the question again: Are you Dead or Alive?

As you might of noticed there are many dead people walking around among us.

Here's how I've been taught to categorize if someone is Dead:

-Someone who purposely stays in a dead end job, complacently stuck in a routine rut and doesn't create values.
-Someone who doesn't realize there is more to us than the physical chores of: eating, drinking, going to the bathroom, and sleeping.
-Someone who does not DO what they love, what they were born to do.
-Someone who doesn't read and continually educate himself/herself.
-Someone who allows external authorities to control their life, failing to make their own decisions.
-Someone who accepts mediocrity.
-Someone who fails to ask the question: "There has to be a better way" and misses the importance of making self-improvement a top priority.
-Someone who's too afraid of stepping out of their comfort zone.
-Someone who's given up on their childhood dream.

It all boils down to what kind of existence do you want?

Are you just going through the motions?

Are you continually postponing some of your dreams?

Be careful not to wait too long, waking up one day and saying: "I should of done this" and "I wish I could go back and do things differently".

No one should have to live with regret.

Choose to be Alive, take a chance and follow your heart.

Aim Higher,

Sifu Martin

P.S Without a doubt martial arts training can stir things up for you, get an edge, learn how to become a martial artist, here's a great book to get you started:

10 Secrets

No comments: