Friday, December 19, 2008

It's Louse Time! Discipline Equals Something

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self-starters, Welcome.

(if you're not new jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time".

Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon. You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his British accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

During the past 2 weeks the weather has been affecting my high speed signal, stopping me from sending my daily tips as I usually do, my apologies, I'm already looking into several solutions.

Today's lesson is: Discipline Equals Something

That word "Discipline" is like music to my ears but I know for some it has a negative connotation.

From the Latin origin, "Disciplina" meaning "Instruction" and also from the root "Discere" meaning "To Learn".

Discipline means to follow a particular "Code of Conduct" or to adhere to a certain "Order".

No matter how tempting an extravagant pleasure may seem, The Code is there to keep you on track for the fitness goals you've set for example.

When talking about Self-Discipline what is YOUR code of conduct?

How do YOU maintain order in your life?

What kind of standards have you set for yourself?

Our body is constantly giving us feedback. Some things we do make us feel great, others we know even before engaging in them we'll feel like crap the day after.

How much Pain can you take before you realize some behaviors are bad for you?

Some people it's alot.

You don't need me to tell you: "You need to stay physically active and strong", "The quality of food you ingest is your source of fuel, no amount of exercise will outbeat a bad diet" and "How you FEEL reflects the quality of your life".

The Code we use for Fitness lies in this unique Fitness Kit. Check it out here

Master yourself,

Sibok Martin

No comments: