Sunday, December 21, 2008

Take your Fitness to another level

Most people on my list know I'm a bodyweight fanatic focused on mastering my mind and body.

Every once in a while I'll get an inquisitive question from one of my students like: "I know you're all about body weight but if you had to recommend a piece of equipment I can train with, which one would it be?"

It would have to reflect the same qualities as our Fitness System: Station Training

Simple, Fast, and Intense.

Some of you might be ready for this kind of training some of you might be almost there.

What I'm about to recommend ties in very well with the exercises you're already doing if you own our Basic or Intermediate Strength Training Kits.

This tool simply amplifies the degree of Intensity you must put into each Station. In order to progress you need to make incremental improvements and consistently beat personal past reps, weight or speed records.

Sometimes the best way to break out of a plateau is a) be sure you're not over-training, and b) you use specialized equipment so your muscles are forced to adapt and get stronger.

This piece of equipment is called the TRX.

There's always a more challenging way of doing any exercise. This is why there are 4 levels to our strength training kits (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert) that give you the natural progression of each exercise and the TRX is used in the more advanced levels.

Originally developed for the Marines, it offers the versatility, portability and simplicity I was looking for and also gave me the confidence of knowing the tried and true Marines gave it their stamp of approval.

You can find out more about it here.

Master Yourself,

Sifu Martin

No comments: