Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Training with Cecil Peoples

I'm back!

Maintaining my daily tips and blogs is somewhat of a challenge while being away from my home for so long.

One more week and everything will be back to normal.

On to my number 6 instructor while here in LA.

Apart from being a referee and judge during many MMA events, like the last UFC 100, he's also doing a string of reality shows and trains alot of stars in the area.

I'm talking about the one and only Cecil Peoples.

Before getting to meet him, Bob Wall related a story about him during his early referee days.

He was a referee during a Thai Boxing match between an American and a Thai in which the American was winning.

Nobody likes to lose to a foreigner especially when the sport you're competing in is native to your country.

Out of frustration the Thai fighter started *accidentally* kicking the american fighter in the groin.

2 Warnings later, Cecil stops the fight.

Declaring the American, the winner.

Out of anger the Thai Fighter tried to kick Cecil in the head.

Cecil deflected it and knocked him out with one punch.

Very seldomly do we see the Ref doing the knocking out part.

So that's my introduction to Cecil Peoples.

This guy is tough and has been there, done that.

I was always taught to be immune to criticism or praise. Believing neither one was good for my development.

But when a guy like Cecil compliments you on your speed & power in front of a group of experienced fighters, I can't help but to take it at heart.

Up to now, I can tell all FSD practitioners (whether students inside one of our schools or around the world) that what you're learning is top notch.

Take just our Strength Training Kits for example which we've been improving and refining for the past 35 years.

It will help lay, like it did for me, a strong fitness foundation to adapt yourself to any sport you undertake, avoid injuries and increase flexibility at the same time.

If you're a martial artist and still you haven't been using our Station Training System, what are you waiting for?

Get yours here and see what kind of difference it can make in your training.

Master Yourself,

Sibok M

P.S. If for some reason you didn't know who Cecil was, the next fighter I worked with while in LA is known throughout the world for his devastating leg kicks. Stay tuned.

No comments: