Thursday, July 2, 2009

Training with Gene Lebell and Gokor Chivichyan

As you might of noticed I haven't been writing recently because of something important.

You know how I'm constantly trying to push you to reach for your goals, to step out of your comfort zone, and really reach for what you want in life.

The same thing applies to me and my family.

We practice what we preach.

I'm in Los Angeles right now.

Only 4 days have gone by and I've already worked with some of the biggest names in the martial arts world.

And you know what?

No Attitude. No Egos. No childish whining like what usually goes on martial art forums and discussion boards. Just training and sharing.

And I'm loving it!

The best schools in the world are the ones who promote harmony between the different styles and schools and focus on one thing:

Making sure more people practice martial arts.


The very first school I visited was considered the toughest so I thought, why not start with that one!

Gene Lebell is the last of a dying breed. Before meeting him I could just imagine how the strongmen of old and the oldtime wrestlers would interact.

Imagine? No more.

Dubbed the "Godfather of Grappling" it was a privilege for me to meet and train with his students and get to roll with his # 1 student, Gokor.

A great experience and a start of a long term relationship with their organization.

What I like about this school is even within their grappling they do not limit themselves to one style. Not just Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu or not just Judo. They borrow from all styles aforementioned as well as Sambo and Catch as Catch Can.

























Gene Lebell and Gokor "The Armenian Assassin" Chivichyan

My stay here is looking to be very productive and fruitful for FSD. I'll let you know tomorrow who I worked with on my second day here.

Stay tuned,

Sibok M

No comments: