Friday, June 26, 2009

It's Louse Time! Because it feels Good!

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self- starters, Welcome.

(if you're not new jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon.

You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his British accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

The purpose of Louse Time is to challenge a belief you might have or make you look at your training or life in general from a different perspective.

Today's lesson is: Because it feels Good!

Often times people ask me how am I able to stay motivated after having trained for so long. Some people don't even stick with their fitness program more than 30 days let alone almost 30 years.

I'm here to tell you: "What I have done, you can do".

If you simply put in practice a few important words of advice as taught to me by my dad a long time ago, you'll never stray away from training or martial arts in general.

One thing you must implement immediately is what you do and think AFTER your workouts.

It's so simple most people miss it completely.

The worst part is it only takes a few minutes yet for many the first thing on their minds after a workout is:

Water!

or

Shower!

I'm tired!

Eat!

I'm late!

The first thing you should do after a workout is... Listen.

Sit, Kneel or Lie Down and just listen.

The best sound in the world is nestled in your chest...your heart beat.

How precious is a heart beat?

If you're a parent you still remember the feeling of relief the first time you heard your baby's heart beat at the first ultra-sound.

You definitely remember the first time you and your lover were pressed up against each other in bed after intercourse.

And especially after a workout, how precious it is to just listen and feel your pulse.

It screams out at you: "You're Alive!"

How great it is to be alive.

This IS what it is for me. After every workout, it's a reminder to always be happy to be alive, my time here is precious, my life and my health is precious, no matter how hard it was to get myself to train or whatever I'm going through in my life, I have a heart beat, I'll be okay.

It's this kind of association with training I have created, so you see, I have to train.

It doesn't have to be long, take a few minutes to listen after your workout and get fired up to tackle the rest of your day.

A training day like my heart beat, I can't miss one!

Master Yourself,

Sibok Martin

No comments: