Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Up, Down", "Breathe in , Breathe out", "Side to Side"

For the past few days I've been feeling like Daniel-san in Karate Kid.


If you remember 2 years ago I had posted a series of articles about how one of our sheds had crumbled under the extreme weight of the record snow fall we had that year and how liberating it was to burn it and build a new one from scratch.

Seeing it burn was a powerful metaphor about how we all need to get rid of messes in our life and how we need to constantly re-invent ourselves when it comes to how we think, how to work, how we train, and how letting go of unnecessary emotional baggage is a necessity if we want to grow and attract better opportunities.

If feel like Daniel-san because I've had to re-paint that shed for the past couple of weeks.

"Up, Down", "Breathe in , breathe out", "Side to side" as Mr. Miyagi would say.


Painting gets me in a very relaxed state, the same way martial arts does.

It puts you in a place where time seems to stop, you're totally encapsulated in the present moment (what the japanese would call the Mushin state).

Do you ever reach that place?

That place where you could work all day and all night and still be filled with energy?

The quickest way to feel this state of being is through the practice of martial arts. I didn't say it was the only way but it is by far the quickest I've seen to understand what I mean.

If you haven't yet taken up the daily practice of martial arts, I strongly recommend you get started ASAP. We've made it pretty easy for you to get started, see what I mean here.

Master Yourself,

Sibok M

No comments: