Friday, April 3, 2009

It's Louse Time! The future belongs to...?

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self- starters, Welcome.
(if you're not new jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon.

You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his British accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

Today's lesson is: Having a Clear Vision

No other element is as critical to your success than having a clear vision for what you want to accomplish. That also includes what you want to look like, be like, with who, living where, doing what?

Once that is in place you can begin your journey.

I've listed some of my top ten vision quotes:

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."~ Robert Fritz

"Big thinking precedes great achievement." ~ Wilferd Peterson

"Dissatisfaction and discouragement are not caused by the absence of things but the absence of vision."~ Anonymous

"No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities - always see them, for they're always there."~ Norman Vincent Peale

"The future belongs to those who see possibilities before they become obvious." ~ John Scully

"In the long run men hit only what they aim at." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."~Christopher Reeve

"Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed." ~ Mia Hamm

"The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never scoring." ~ Bill Copeland

"I can teach anybody how to get what they want out of life. The problem is that I can't find anybody who can tell me what they want." ~ Mark Twain

Having vision definitely helped my dad get to where he is today after having celebrated his 30th anniversary. Vision is what's driving the rest of my family to reach for excellence.

And all FSD students decide what their vision is after a few classes using an important tool, it comes free when you purchase our 10 Secrets Book. It will bring more clarity to your training and get you the results you're looking for.

Master Yourself,

Sifu Martin

No comments: