Monday, April 20, 2009

Talk is Cheap

Hope you had a great weekend, the weather was pristine here in Casselman.

Spent all day with my family, my immediate family and kung-fu family yesterday. It was refreshing to play our national sport: Hockey

The family that plays and trains together, stick together.

I surely couldn't of done what I did this weekend without the help of my kung-fu training.

The endurance, the speed, the never give up attitude, and coordination.

Just my break-falls and rolls alone saved me from injury.

It's always when I play other sports that I realize how kung-fu helped lay a strong sport foundation and if you're like me you've surely come to the same conclusion.

I've said it before, everyone should have at least 3 years of martial art training.

Above all else, martial arts should teach you about taking action.

Thinking, talking, or writing about something is a start but in the end it's all about the DOING.

Something the UFC guys didn't do Saturday night if you happened to watch a few of the matches.

Maybe YOU also want to start something, you think about it, you've told someone close to you you were going start it but you DIDN'T.

Kinda like Fitness.

Is it something you just talk or think about or do you commit some time each day to get stronger in that area?

Talk really is cheap. Action is king. It reminds me of the saying: "I can't hear what you're saying, your actions speak louder than your words"

When will it be the right time to get in shape?

Never.

The time will never be just right.

The more you wait, the more you won't feel like it, you'll say: "maybe tomorrow", the mind will always find ways to distract you away from taking action.

The easiest way I've found to get in the fitness habit is to stick to 1 minute exercises.

You can exercise for one minute right?

An interesting thing happens after a minute, your body craves ... more. Your body craves oxygen. If you've been living a pretty inactive lifestyle and suddenly start, your body will start feeling good very quickly.

That's why before you know it, 1 minute will turn into 10 minutes and beyond.

We've broken it down for you in a simple system you can start using right away.

It's been at the center core of our martial art program for the past 35 years with great results.

See what I mean here.

Master Yourself,

Sifu Martin

No comments: