Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An important training secret

I was browsing some old pictures the other day and came upon a few of them that brought back some interesting memories.






















One of them was a picture of my dad doing one-arm 2 finger push-ups back in 1977.


I remember thinking when I first saw that picture: "How am I ever going to do that?"


Or trying to do them in my basement when I was just a little kid and failing miserably, thinking my fingers were going to crack and bend backwards at the knuckles.


"How could I ever become strong enough to lift my own bodyweight on two little fingers?"


Many factors contributed to me eventually being able to perform this feat of strength, like following my father's advice, but there's also one thing that most people forget to include in their training.


Chances are YOU have forgotten to implement this critical component in your training.


Whenever you reach a level where you can easily perform a said exercise, you have to ask yourself: "What's next?"

If you're working with weights it has to be an increase in weight.

If you're running you have to cut your run time by 'X' time.

The same is true with bodyweight exercises like the ones we incorporate in our Fang Shen Do training.

This mentality is built into our training system and that's why it's such an effective way to train.

If you're not already training with our Basic Strength Training Kit, what are you waiting for?

If you already own the Basic System for the past 12 weeks why haven't you gotten the Intermediate level?

Your strength and endurance depends on it. Keep the ball rolling. Force your body to adapt by constantly challenging it.

There's just no other way to progress and get stronger but by asking yourself: "what's next?"

Put yourself to the test and see what kind of results you can get, you never know, with the right intensity and consistency doing those 2 finger push-ups just might become too easy and leave you asking the inevitable question.

Master Yourself,

Sibok Martin

P.S. Instead of figuring it out by yourself and spending years refining and deciding which exercises are best to build upon so you keep on progressing why not just pick up one of our Strength Training Kits today. Easiest thing you'll ever do.

No comments: