Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mind like a Monkey

Calming the body is pretty easy.

There are many ways to do so via physical exercise, foot and body massage, a hot bath, sauna, etc...

Where it becomes difficult is with our mind.

The mind will never stop.

It will never be satisfied or at ease.

New thoughts will enter your mind as quickly as one is dismissed.

The first source of your thoughts come from your five senses.

Everything you've learned since you were born has entered through your five senses.

Naturally, your five senses often distract you from enjoying your relax time or your training time with a hefty supply of feedback such as:

Too hot. Too cold. I'm itchy. You're hungry. Need to move. I'm tired. My feet hurt. etc...

How do you shut it off?

While in China, this particular condition plagued me at first.

Out of my usual routine of doing several hundred reps to now stepping it up in the thousands and performing them at 1 and 5 am and at different times in the day, my mind literally was like a monkey.

Wandering. Questioning. Complaining.

Until I reminded myself what the master's wife had told me earlier.

There is no You. There is no Space. There is no Place. None of them exist. Only focus on the Chi. Bring your full attention, your spirit and your heart to that place and time will just fly by.

Time really did fly by. I've returned more motivated than ever to spread the elements of Neigong.

Before reaching the point of creating and mixing an energy bubble you need to get started on the foundation work of Neigong contained in the first installment in the series.

Here's the first step to reaching that level.

Master Yourself,

Sibok M

P.S. There is a level of calmness you've never experienced before after training in Neigong. I want you to feel what I feel. Get started today.

No comments: