Monday, May 18, 2009

You won't believe what happened this weekend

What a weekend!

150 of our closest friends gathered to celebrate my parent's 30th anniversary on Saturday. We got to see old pictures and video from the early days, celebrity congratulation videos from Gene LeBell, Don "The Dragon" Wilson, and Cecile Peoples to name a few.

Like most of them said, It's not easy to stay in business in this business and anyone who can stay open and successful for 3o years deserves the utmost respect and applaud.

Looking back at what my parents sacrificed, the trust they had in each other, the determination and guts it took to get started, the odds that were stacked up against them, I know it inspired everyone in the room to double their efforts whether in their martial art training, the goals they set, the love and care that goes into a relationship, to dare to dream big, to build something significant.

My father's first student was also with us and sharing his experience.

Presentations were made to the FSD owners for their effort and contribution to the system.

My younger brother, Sifu Silvain received his 5th degree rank (Master Instructor) which consists of a black sash with one white stripe and 3 red ones.

The white stripe represents LIFE and LEARNING. Specifically, "In Life I am always a learner", "Learning is a journey", "I am constantly trying to better myself".

The red stripes represent KNOWLEDGE. The color red symbolizes FIRE. Fire like knowledge grows exponentially as you make your way through martial arts and life.

What first started as a flicker then grows into a bushel of fire/knowledge. (3 stripes)

This weekend I was also given a very high honor.

Everyone knew except me.

To my surprise my father presented me with the title of SIBOK. Which means "Uncle".

The kind of "Protector" of the system placing me 2nd in command.

You can imagine my reaction. I was speechless and full of emotion.

Still people in the room captured how I felt about accepting this responsability and the commitment and dedication it took to get there.

With my family all around me and my extended Kung-fu family watching, I respectfully accepted my father's request.

I take my mission very seriously. "To inspire and lead by example".

I hope you feel my sincerity through my words and the tips I offer you in my e-mails and blog posts, I want you to succeed and I'm willing to do everything in my power to give you the guidance and tools to do just that.

You'll find all the tools I used to make my ascension to the level I'm at right here. Get started now.

Master Yourself,

Sibok M

P.S. Again, Thank You Sijo, my mother, my family, my students, I'll make you all proud.

No comments: