Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Highs and Lows

For almost the past 2 weeks I've been on a cloud.

Who wouldn't be?

I got to workout with Bob Wall, I got to see him interact with my family, I listened to him give seminars with my dad, some of you who attended got to own a piece of Bruce Lee memorabilia and got to hear stories about him straight from the horse's mouth.

I've rarely met such a kind man, ego-less although he owns much and has seen it all, he exemplifies the qualities of a real martial artist.

And this morning, we had to say goodbye.

We had good times and we sure didn't want them to end.

Makes me realize how we all have to deal with ups and downs in our life.

Sometimes disappointments.

Other times failure.

Followed by moments of happiness, accomplishment, and enthusiasm.

To quote Bob Wall: "Losing is learning"

You might of heard this kind of philosophy before.

Whenever you feel a down, or you experience a temporary failure, get excited, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get ready for round 2.

Take it as a life lesson, learn from it and move on. Or in my case, I kept a detailed diary of the events and lessons I learned from Bob while I was around him, hundreds of pictures and video.

You should do the same.

Instead of dealing with downs when they occur why not prepare for them in advance with an
"Inspiration Booklet".

A book filled with empowering quotes, pictures, and images you've compiled which can be reviewed for a fast recharge when you need it.

It can come in pretty handy when you need it.

Try it.

Master Yourself,

Sibok M

P.S Another way not to lose your focus is what we call a Strategic Action Guide. It comes free when you get a copy of FSD's 10 Secrets to building a Rock Solid Martial Art Foundation.

No comments: