Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kids hold secret Adults have lost.

Spent all day yesterday teaching Kung-Fu to kids at a local school near my home town of Casselman with my little brother Silvain.

Working with kids has helped me tremendously in my 20+ years of teaching. Lots of important lessons learned that I use when teaching my adult students.

Usually I tell my assistants or apprentice instructors that if they can teach 4 to 10 year olds and hold on to their attention during a whole 60 minute class, they can teach ... anyone.

Kids are so special. At a young age they possess a secret most adults have either forgotten or lost.

What makes us forget this special trait?

What happens when we grow up that causes us to "turn" in the opposite direction.

We were all kids once, how could we forget?

Some might experience it still but it's often short lived and tends to drift away until the next big thing catches our attention.

Kids should be looking up to adults for guidance, it shouldn't be the other way around?

Or should it.

Okay, I dragged this out long enough. What is it about kids we can all learn from?

It is the key to staying young and vibrant. It's the key to living the life you were born to live.

I'm talking about good old fashioned ENTHUSIASM.

Get excited about your goals. Get excited about the weight you're going to lose from following your fitness program. Get excited about your future and the many things you're going to accomplish.

Attack any challenge, any task, new projects, with child like optimism.

"Enthusiasm is contagious"

You'll attract opportunities, luck, and happiness.

Rate your enthusiasm from 1 to 10, wherever you are on the scale knock it up a notch or two and see what kind of results you get.

Master Yourself,

Sifu Martin

No comments: