Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Did you exercise today?

Last week I posted pictures from what I thought was my best day out in China.

On that same day, further out in Badachu Park, I came across this huge bell and thought:


















"Why not go up and hit it, see what kind of vibration it creates?"

The sound was pretty cool but not what followed.

I didn't notice the sign at the bottom, top and sides of the bell that (what I found out later) said in chinese, one hit 5 yuan.

As I was walking away, a lady started running after me: "you pay, you pay, you hit bell"

"I thought I could hit the bell?" I said.

"See, look the sign here" she replies in her broken english.

"You hit 5 times"...

"I was happy?" I blurt back.

"You pay NOW"

LOL

I ended up paying for it.

It reminded me of the expression "There is no such thing as a free lunch"

Same thing goes for your training.

"Ain't nobody comin' for ya"

In the end you're the one who will have to do the reps, the sets, the sacrifice, the sweating and fighting procrastination. No one will do it for you.

Which is why it's so rewarding in the end.

You create your reality.

You make it possible.

You're 100% responsible for it.

Did you exercise today?

Master Yourself,

Sibok M

P.S. Don't know where to start? Here's a good place to begin.

No comments: