Friday, November 6, 2009

It's Louse Time! Protect the Garden

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self- starters, Welcome.

(if you're not new jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon.

You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time!

The agent replies with his British accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

The purpose of Louse Time is to challenge a belief you might have or make you look at your training or life in general from a different perspective.

Today's lesson is: Protect the Garden

My dad shared something profound with me this morning.

It's an important life lesson he's talked to me about before, just in a different way.

It has to do with Protecting your Garden.

Yes I know this is a good time of year to prepare the soil of your garden before winter and to make sure it's ready for the spring but that's not what I'm talking about.

My dad is talking about the garden that is growing between your EARS.

The garden you should be constantly tending to, cleaning up dead or diseased foliage (old ideas), removing debris (clinging to the past), leaves (things left undone), stakes and row markers (finding new goals), dead roots (trusting your own instincts), and any fruits and vegetables that may be spoiled (If you don't like the results you've been getting, change your approach).

Most of you have no problem with protecting your property, your home or your car.

But something way more valuable is often forgotten.

Never forget to protect...

Your Mind.

Control what goes in. Enhance what comes out. Avoid Stinkin' Thinkin'. Read inspiring books, Turn off the TV and the radio, screen who you talk to and hang around with - ultimately blocking out all bad seeds, and listen to your own intuition when making decisions. In most cases it's always the right one.

The quality of your thinking is in direct proportion to how much happiness, love, and success you'll get to attract and experience.

Master Yourself,

Sibok M

P.S. What do you do with all that waste?

The same way throwing disease or parasite infected waste into the compost could potentially spread the disease to your garden next year (old habits die hard), you'll want to either throw it away or burn it (replace the old habits with new ones). Start by making better health choices when it comes to food and drink and follow a proven system to get you fit, FAST.

Get started here.

No comments: