Monday, March 22, 2010

Bodies Exposition Review in Montreal

During last week's March Break I had a chance to share special moments with my kids and family.

One thing that really stood out was what we did on Saturday.

This one thing, I can't get out of my head.

I mean, I've always been interested in the human body, nutrition and ways to stay happy, healthy, and vibrant.

But having a chance to actually see the human body from inside and see the effects smoking can have on your health and lungs, the fragility of the brain and nervous system, the importance of choosing wisely what you eat as well as engaging in daily exercise and the positive effects it has on your circulatory system was AMAZING.

I'm talking about the BODIES EXPOSITION in Montreal.

If someone goes through the exhibits and doesn't quit smoking on the spot and seriously starts eating right and ditching the junk food, I don't know what will.

What happens in our bodies on a daily basis is nothing short of a miracle.

The perfect balance and harmony of the various systems is mind boggling. Yet many people choose to purposely destroy the master control (i.e. the Brain) with mind altering drugs?

Or some choose to lead a sedentary lifestyle when one's body can be twisted and articulated in thousands of positions, equipped with muscles, tendons and ligaments that will adapt to loads and retain memory of those movements so they become easier with time.

Apart from the physical wonders of our body and what it can do mechanically it's interesting to note what movement can do for our mind, our energy and our emotions.

Ultimately adding Quality to your Life.

You've probably heard the saying: "The more motion you undertake the more emotion you will create"

I get my best ideas while in movement, training, or maintaining my martial art skills.

It connects me in a way that no other sport can.

This is why I urge you take up martial art training as the sport of choice, not only to get in shape but to optimize bodily function, maintain mental alertness, and stretch your imagination when it comes to what you can accomplish and create in your own life.

Master Yourself,

Sibok M

P.S. Not a member yet? Get started here.

No comments: