Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I don't like getting frustrated

I can't always answer every single question that comes my way individually but I can post them on the FSD blog or include my answers in my daily e-mail blasts so everyone can benefit from the answers.

Here's a good one with an answer you won't expect.

Here goes:

"When I'm training at my dojo and I do a kick or a punch wrong over and over again I get frustrated and outta focus. How can I get back into focus and relax. (I don't like getting frustrated)"

Thanks,

K

---

Here's where a lot of people get it wrong.

Frustration is GOOD.

Just think of all the inventions and technology surrounding us today. All of it was created out of frustration.

Frustration is a great emotion. Embrace it.

Feeling frustration, anger or emotional intensity actually helps your performance and can help lead to better results.

Take legendary Tennis Player John McEnroe. Was he frustrated and emotional? He didn't let IT control him he used IT to maintain laser like focus. There are examples of this in every sport. The most emotional players are always the most successful ones.

And the same is true in business. The most emotional business person will always get more things accomplished than the one who's sleeping at the switch and never dares let out any steam.

And lastly, in Relationships.

Sometimes you love each other, sometimes you hate each other, that's totally normal.

Relationships are far more interesting and passionate when you're comfortable enough to express negative feelings without fear of losing each other in the process.

Feeling frustration? Good. That's your mind and body's way of giving you feedback. Try harder. Focus better and show yourself what you can do.

Master Yourself,

Sibok M

P.S. Get to that Frustration zone in everything you do. This feedback tells you you're out of your comfort zone and growth is just around the corner.

I remember feeling that way when I first started my Neigong Training, this frustration lead me to reach high level rep counts (in the thousands), a trip to China, becoming a full-fledged disciple and being given the task to spread Neigong around the world. Not bad for a little frustration?

Challenge yourself today.

Want to do something different? Give Neigong Training a try today.

No comments: