Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Break out of your comfort zone

So many people are searching for that magic workout, special pill or that new piece of equipment.
I had this guy once come see me to take classes and he said he was ready, he wanted to learn the art, train hard, you know all that stuff.

Except there was this little problem. He didn't want to SWEAT!

"Sweat?!" I said.

"Yeah, I don't like to sweat"

Can you imagine what I told him? What AM I supposed to say to that? What, you want me to do the push-ups for you?

So I told him the nice way: "Sorry Buddy but I can't help you with that", BYE.

I think too many people want to be wrapped in comfort when they're training.

Things like: Water bottle strapped to their belt, Fully Air conditioned environment, watch TV simultaneously, nice little floor mat, etc...

Yes you should stay hydrated but if you're always reaching for that water bottle how's that suppose to help with will power and determination?

Distracting yourself with TV? You're supposed to feel your body and be aware of it. Listen to it. Pay attention to weaknesses and plan to strengthen them at your next session (for some it's lower back, shoulders or knees)

You're gonna have to go through a little pain to get to some major pleasure. The pleasure of knowing you didn't give up when you could of easily quit.

With each training session, you feel you're taking one more step up the ladder of strength, endurance and flexibility.

Our training program might not feel as good as flopping on the couch with a bowl of ice cream but I can guarantee you, you'll feel a whole lot better after our workout, you'll have more energy, you'll be feeling awake and charged up for hours, more than that sluggish feeling you'll feel after that very short felt moment of gratification after ingesting that fat infested dish.

Get "un"-comfortable,

Get trainin' now.

Sibok Martin

No comments: