Friday, March 14, 2008

An easy mental exercise you can do

One of my favorite movies of all time is Braveheart.

I know every scene by heart and me and my lil' Bro can act out pretty much any one of them with the Scottish Accent.

Hilarious.

Although recently, I haven't had a chance to watch it.

There's one scene that I especially like (actually I like all the scenes). It's just one keyword I use when I'm training.

You've heard me talk about that before, you know Keywords?

A keyword can be used many different ways.

One way is to choose a word that will help you keep the conscious and subconscious mind occupied while doing a certain exercise. It might help you squeeze out a few more minutes when holding a strength position. (Tigers, Hand Stand, etc...)

Back to the scene, William Wallace and his army have constructed wood spears, long as a man, and the Royal Cavalry is charging towards them. Wallace's army is anxious to attack but he holds them back using the keyword I use when holding a Back Bends or Forearm Push-Ups.

He waits until the very best moment to lift the spears from the ground and they end up impaling the enemy badly. It was a great strategy.

The way he says it with intensity and commitment, that's one of the words I like to use when giving up just isn't an option. You'll have to watch the movie if you don't know the answer.

Once you have the keyword you'll need to know which exercises to apply this on. For that you'll need to pick up a strength training kit right here.

Intentio superus,

Sibok Martin

No comments: