Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Interviewing a Legend

Every morning I ask myself the same questions.

"Are you using your mind to its full potential?"

This quote sums it up for me:

"The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get to the office." ~ Robert Frost

What is the office?

For some it really is an office or for others it's any activity that pulls you away from your real goals or aspirations.

A portion of my day revolves around Meditating or Actively Thinking and Planning.

One of our long time friends and equipment supplier always had this old sign close to his desk:

"Fail to Plan. Plan to Fail"

You always keep your major goals at the forefront of your mind and clearly map out how you are going to reach them. Like magic you will attract into your life what you need to make those goals happen. Once the opportunities present themselves you have to be ready to take action on them.


Through my father I had the opportunity to interview a martial art legend: Bob Wall

Bob Wall Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee
Bob Wall (Ohara)
Most people recognize him as Ohara in Enter the Dragon.

What a coincidence to be using "Louse Time" on Fridays from the same movie to actually talking to him and having him share stories of Bruce, Brandon, Chuck Norris, Gene Lebelle, Jean-Claude Van Damme, the Machados, and on and on he went for 3 hours. I'll be sharing some of those stories in upcoming blog posts in the coming weeks.

Like Attracts Like

Him and my dad instantly connected when they met in Germany and this is a start to a long friendship and partnership for years to come.

One of my father's strengths is using his mind to attract like a magnet what he desires. That's why I'm urging you to take time every morning to do just that. Picture what you want no matter how outrageous it may seem, Don't wait because the time will never be just right, be passionate and believe in yourself.

What if you fail?

To quote Bob: "If you're not failing, you're not learning".

I'll be posting extensive pictures of him and my dad very shortly and will let you know how to get a hold of the interview as soon as it's available.

Master Yourself,

Sibok Martin

No comments: