Friday, November 21, 2008

It's Louse Time! To Move is better than to Sit

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self- starters, Welcome.

(if you're not new jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon.

You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his British accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

Today's lesson is: To Move is better than to Sit

No matter how you feel, tired, sore, in pain, sluggish, depressed, moody, or stressed, it's always better in the end if you decided to move and exercise instead of opting for sitting and not doing anything.

Our morning training today was a challenge. It's getting colder and we both trained extra hard this week, instead of skipping our traditional friday workout, we still did it and let me tell you I'm happy we did.

Most of the pain in my legs I felt all week is gone as well as in my shoulders. The morning sweat had a cleansing effect both on my body and mind, feeling clear and focused, determined and commited to my goals.

During my interview with Bob Wall I asked him what his secret to Longevity and Health was?

As you might already know Bob is in his 70s and showing no signs of stopping any day soon. The similarities between him and my dad are pretty identical in many respects and in the area of fitness it's no different.

Bob's fitness paradigm goes like this:

Resistance Training (self-induced or assisted)
Aerobics (sustained, high intensity workouts)
Flexibility (in all ranges of movement)

Coming from Bob, it confirms why Station Training is so effective. All of those 3 elements are combined into our strength training program. I've seen the same fast results time and again, it's simply the most efficient way of training to acquire greater strength, endurance, flexibility, balance and coordination.

Get your strength training kit now and see what others have to say about it.

Master Yourself,

Sifu Martin

No comments: