Friday, February 20, 2009

It's Louse Time! Fear of Success

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self- starters, Welcome.
(if you're not new jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon.

You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his British accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

Today's lesson is: Fear of Success

Did you know more people have a fear of success than a fear of failure?

When it comes to fitness, more people will choose to avoid exercising and losing weight, miss out on the opportunity to transform their body while raising their self-esteem and be generally happier just to please other people.

"If I lose weight and look better than ever what will my friends say about me?"

"If I get strong and independent, my spouse might feel threatened and feel like they're losing their control over me"

"I've never been good at anything why should I even start, I'll fail anyway"

"My whole family is fat, I'm doomed, it's my family genes"

"Once I get slim and toned I won't be able to enjoy the food I really like"

And the classic statement that goes: "It won't last forever. You know what THEY say, after 30 your metabolism starts slowing down, so why bother?

Who is They?

When you listen to people talk, pay attention to the words being used.

THEY is just another way to pass the responsibility to someone else.

When it comes to fitness, your health, your family, your business, your life, THEY have absolutely no say in anything.

It's your responsibility.

Maybe that's the biggest fear of success. Responsibility.

Are you ready to assume it?

Every man and woman should be able to run a mile, do a minimum of 50 push-ups and sit-ups, stretch and touch their toes, bike at full speed for 10 km, swim 10 laps and put in a full days work every once in a while without eating anything and not be affected by it.

Once every citizen understands that, we'll have a society that is strong and willing to take full responsibility for our happiness, results, success, motivation and our future.

Practicing Martial Arts makes you quickly understand that. No significant development can be achieved without concentrated effort and discipline.

Since it's my dad's birthday this week (Feb 18 th) I'd like to invite you to put any of our products to the test and take advantage of a 18% percent discount on any one of them by simply punching in '18' in the coupon/promotion box at check out.

FSD Product Page

There is great pride in knowing the results you've gotten in any area of your life, especially physical fitness, was your way of staring fear of success in the face and proving to yourself that results can be long lasting when you apply a bit of perseverance, sprinkled with consistent effort.

Master Yourself,

Sifu Martin

No comments: