Friday, February 13, 2009

It's Louse Time! Find Support

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self- starters, Welcome.

(if you're not new jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon.

You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his British accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

Today's lesson is: Find Support

More and more research shows the reason some people fail to follow through on their fitness goals can be traced to one of 3 things with one of them being: Not having a group to turn to when motivation runs low.

Take Gym Memberships, everyone I've met throughout the years had the same thing to say about them "I paid but I never went more than a few weeks"

One such gym near my school boasts 14,000 members, when I asked how many were active, training minimum twice a week, the answer was 1200.

Staggering!

I also found it alarming to find out how many couples don't train together.

What better way to strengthen your bond and develop each other physically while having a common goal of fitness for life than to take some time every week to train together.

When going for that candle light dinner tomorrow with your spouse why not bring about the subject of starting a training routine together.

You'll both feel stronger, healthier, sexier and deepen your attraction for one another.

It's so easy to let yourself go. To stop trying to impress your partner. It's so easy to get caught up in the false illusion that everything will be fine and you'll stay together forever without trying to keep everything you do together new and fresh.

Your relationship should be like your training, always growing and improving, passionate and commited, learning from mistakes, being there in the present moment as if it was your last.

We want you to feel what we feel, training together should be rewarding and of utmost importance to you if you value your friend, partner or spouse. Find a partner to train with and when you do, you might want to check this course we designed with that in mind.

How to get started with Partner Conditioning. (How to make the most out of your time together)

Master Yourself,

Sifu Martin

P.S. I know for me personally, Tuesdays with my girl-friend, Wednesday with my brothers and Fridays with my dad are the times that I look forward to the most throughout the week, Find your team, your support system, and the odds show you'll stick with your program way longer.

Get started today

No comments: