Monday, June 9, 2008

Add 15 pounds of muscle

I got an interesting e-mail the other day. I've said it before, we have some pretty awesome students. Students that don't let past experiences put a hamper on their future.

If there's anything you don't like in your life, change it.

This student offers the perfect example.

---
Dear Sifu Martin,

You've been writing me for quite some time and I am honored. During the last Focus on Results seminar in Montreal I was able to break what seemed unbreakable at first, my ARROW.

Today I'm participating in a Triathlon and I will complete it because I know I can.

I carry a very heavy emotional baggage even though I'm only 15 years old. I've been through a lot. After having been beaten and sexually abused by my father, I felt this emptyness , it just feels like part of him is dead to me. As you can imagine this had an adverse effect on me and my self-esteem.

At that time I weighed 220 pounds and standing at 5 foot 5 inches! One morning I decided I had enough, slipped on my running shoes and started running, convinced I could make it and lose 30 pounds.

I never stopped running from that day forward and ended up losing 70 pounds. When I lost all that weight I started asking myself: "What else I could do except for Football to continue my evolution, my physical and emotional progression?"

One day my brother told me: "Hey they're opening a kung-fu school just up the street from here, we could check it out?"

At that time I weighed 150 pounds and that's when I decided to start my Fang Shen Do training. Today marks my 8th month in kung-fu and now weigh 165 pounds, all the weight I gained is purely muscle mass, backed up by better focus and a renewed sense of purpose.

I sincerely thank you and your team. I'm infinitely grateful!

I have to go win my triathlon now.

S

----

Hi S,

Incredible. Congratulations. You know there is no age to inspire someone. YOU insprire me.

I'm sure that when you started running it was your way of dealing with your problems by running away from them. After having done the training at the last Focus On Results meeting you've learned to face them head on without any fear.

Continue your training, all I can promise you is continued growth and self-discovery. We'll make sure you keep setting higher goals for yourself and we'll offer you the support to reach them whatever they may be.

Again, you're an inspiration and let me know anything else I can do to help you.

Sifu Martin

---

We all have our up days and down days. All I need to do is go through my drawer of success
stories like this one to get me back on track.

If you have a similar success story don't hesitate to send it my way.

Until next time,

Sifu Martin

P.S Speaking of being down, I wanted to release that link to the 500 year old secret training link to you today, just solving a few tech problems and will send it to you tomorrow guaranteed.

No comments: