Monday, June 16, 2008

Fathers' Influence

This weekend I couldn't help but to think of Sifu Alain's speech when he received his black sash quite a few years ago.

Arrow Breaking
Sifu Alain breaking 8 arrows

For those of you who don't know him he owns the Laval school and is one of my first students.

During the presentation he talked about his dad and how he taught him how to tie his shoes. He remembers it like it was yesterday.

He explained how he just couldn't tie his shoes but his dad kept showing him how to.

His dad was persistent and patient.

Every day he would try but in the end his dad would always wind up tying his shoes for him. (This was before they invented Velcro! It would have been way easier!)

One day finally, he figured it out.

He often asked himself the question:"Why did my dad spend so much time showing me how to tie my shoes?"

Years later he asked his dad why he spent so much time trying to show him how to tie his shoes when any other dad would have given up way before his dad ever would of.

His dad paused for a moment and replied... "I wanted you to have a fair chance", "If you knew how to tie your shoes I knew you'd be ready to work hard and become a somebody."

Today, every time I tie my shoes I think of him and what I can do to inspire others to become a somebody and make a difference in someone's life.

That's why I chose to become an instructor in FSD...

Then he went on to talk about his experience and how the system helped him develop himself.

I just thought it was a great story and just reminded me of how important my role is as a father and instructor.

Master Yourself,

Sibok Martin

P.S. My role is to offer guidance and to recommend training systems that I believe in. There is such a product I've been recommending for several weeks now and we're down to 19 copies. The secret health and longevity training system is available here.

No comments: