Friday, June 20, 2008

It's Louse Time! Living Life On Your Own Terms

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self- starters, Welcome.

(if you're not jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon. You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his british accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

Today's lesson is: Living Life on Your Own Terms

I like this quote by Christopher Morley: "There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way."

Have you ever been discriminated against?

Ridiculed.

Told you weren't good enough.

Been openly criticized?

Well we have.

I can just imagine how women felt back in the early 1900's. Unable to vote. Not recognized as a qualified person to be appointed to the senate, other people telling them what they could and couldn't do.

Or what African Canadians went through to have equal rights in this country.
The nerve of people who think they can control you and decide what you can and cannot do in your place.

I have alot of respect for those groups of people that had to fight for their Freedom.

Choose how you want to spend your life. With Who? Where? Doing What? Do not let anyone dictate what you can or cannot do.

There's only one person that can stop you from accomplishing your goals: YOU.

Become a Self-Leader. Stick to what you believe in and march straight ahead towards it.

Master Yourself,

Sibok Martin

No comments: