Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Progression in your training

Finally Wednesday is here. Why?

Wednesday is my "Training with Brothers Day".

Something I look forward to every week.

What better way to push yourself when you're surrounded with family.

Wednesdays are always a little crazy. It's the day where we experiment, test, and create new drills or training programs and we use each other as test guinea pigs.

Just like last week's training left me sore up until today and I'm still feeling it.

Maybe at some time in the future I could go through what we did on that grueling day.

Anyway, coming back to our training, I cannot stress enough the importance of Intensity in your workouts, they need to be full body with no rests.

When you no longer feel pain your body has adapted, make sure you're constantly mixing and changing the order of your stations (as taught in our strength training kits).

It's also important for me to test and do everything you learn from us. If a technique or a drill doesn't work for us it ain't gonna get taught in the school. Period.

That's the kind of confidence I want you to have, knowing that what you're learning has been scrutinized and tested on a weekly basis.

Remember I'm crazy about martial arts, and I follow the japanese KAIZEN principle of never ending improvement (and you should too).

What can YOU improve right now?

Aim Higher,

Sibok Martin

P.S. There are just a handful of Neigong DVDs left, get yours here. Also, I was waiting for confirmation for a special Neigong seminar with Raf himself in Ottawa.

It's official, June 26 th, 6:00 pm, 335 Catherine St. (corner of Lyon) see you there. Send me an e-mail here to reserve your spot.

No comments: