Monday, July 14, 2008

Beating the Plateau in your training

Over the years, the one question that is commonly asked by students is:
"I feel stuck, how can I make it passed this "plateau"?

Good Question.

Let me tell you, I have never experienced one.

Let me explain why.

Although keeping stats on number of reps, and "time" held in a certain strength position, or running under a set time is important, it will only keep you motivated for so long.

If numbers are the only thing keeping you motivated well I'm here to tell you: "You need to change your focus"

The way I keep stats is purely for entertainment. To have a log book I can flip through at the end of the year, to see discipline on paper.

I couldn't care less if my numbers are down. I just want to be able to say I did it.
I stuck to my plan of training 2, 3 , 4 times a week (whatever that number might be for you)

When you shift your focus from beating reps to enjoying the FEELING of training that's the day you couldn't care less if you're in a plateau or not.

I enjoy the feeling it gives me, the same feeling it should give you.

You feel cleansed of toxins.

You feel a natural high.

You feel strong and vibrant.

You feel in total control over your mind, body and spirit.

You have a deep sense of accomplishment.

And that's all I need to stay motivated and committed to fitness for life.

Master Yourself,

Sibok Martin

No comments: