Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's Louse Time! Learning from Mistakes

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self- starters, Welcome.

(if you're not jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon.

You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his British accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

Today's lesson comes from my Grand-Father.

Not so much as in him giving me advice and having a talk together but just by learning from how he lives and the bad habits he lives with allows me to see into the future and gives me a clear view of what I can expect if I live my life like him.

If only people really knew what smoking does to you or what eating a high sugar/carb diet does to your kidneys and other organs, what high blood pressure & lack of exercise might do to your body, I can say by looking at my grand-father, it slowly kills you.

2 days ago I got a call from my parents telling me he was in the hospital after having suffered Kidney failure and will be hooked up to a dialysis machine maybe for the rest of his life.

I think most people from my grand-father's generation are mostly the same and have the same filthy habits. Is it ignorance? Bad models & influences? No education? I guess a combination of all of the above.

I'm just thankful I can learn from his mistakes and not repeat them.

How many people do that?

You know, learn from other people's mistakes, so you can live a longer, healthier, more vibrant life?
I hope YOU do.

All you need to do is go in a hospital to have visual, tangible proof of what people are doing wrong. That should be enough to force you to NOT make the same choices as they have.

Every generation should learn from the other and make wiser choices than the previous one.
Repeating the same mistakes is just plain stupid especially when you have the evidence staring right at you.

MASTER Yourself,

Sibok Martin

P.S. Next time I'll talk about how to stick to your plan no matter what. Considering you have one. Do you have a plan?

No comments: