Friday, July 4, 2008

It's Louse Time! Don't give me Excuses

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self- starters, Welcome.

(if you're not jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon.

You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his british
accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

Today's lesson: "Don't give me Excuses give me Results"

I like this quote from Sgt O'Neill in Platoon: "Excuses are like assholes, Taylor. Everybody's got one!"

Did you ever catch yourself finding excuses (silently to yourself) or to someone asking you to do something you know needs to be done.

We all have a story we tell ourselves: "I would of done it if I had more time, if I had more experience, if I had more money, if I had..."

If you're after health, strength and success (I'm guessing this is the reason you're reading my blog since these are my main areas of interest) what's stopping you?

Here's another saying I like: "There's no excuses when you are the leader".

Are you the leader of your thoughts and actions?

If you're a leader you'll assume full responsibility for your level of fitness, happiness, wealth, confidence, and what you attract in your life. Good or Bad.

Master Yourself,

Sifu Martin

No comments: