Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Putting Fitness First

I never get tired of receiving and reading success stories especially when I know the people on my list can benefit from them. Today I reached in the old mail box and thought I'd share Bill's Story.
----
"Sifu Martin,

In response to your daily email, I just wanted to share briefly "my story"

I have had an office job for the past 15 years. Over that time my health gradually declined to the point where I was scared to really exert myself for fear of a heart attack.

At the start of the summer my wife and I signed my son up for the "Army" run, so I decided to take up jogging so I could be in the run with him.

At the same time, I spoke with Sifu Scott about my son attending his school, and Sifu Scott challenged me to join as well.

I said "I am not in shape yet...maybe after the summer". He pointed out that Fang Shen Do will get me in shape, and there is no better time than the present to start. It has been four months and in that time I have developed a real enjoyment of the physical (brutal) workouts.

I am now able to do about 25 sit-ups in a row, when prior to joining I could do exactly ZERO. My confidence has greatly increased, and I feel so pumped for each class. I am having the time of my life, and I am feeling so much stronger and healthier than before.

I know I have a long way to go, but I am giving it 100%. As one man put it "practice does not make perfect, practice IS perfect!".

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Bill McEvoy

----

SMP: Bill, Awesome. I'm sure your son is proud of you and gave him a powerful lesson of leading by example. The best is yet to come in your training I can guarantee you that.

I'd say that's a pretty good return on his investment, from 0 Sit-Ups to 25, that's one hell of an increase. Just goes to show what you can accomplish if you just decide to start. The hardest part is to take that first step and then to stick with it.

It couldn't be easier, if you're not a member yet visit our classes section to get a Free 30 day pass to any of our schools. Or follow through on the fitness commitments you've made this year and get started on our Strength Training System today.

Master Yourself,

Sifu Martin

No comments: