Friday, January 23, 2009

It's Louse Time! It's not MY responsibility?

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self- starters, Welcome.

(if you're not new jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon.

You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his British accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

Today's lesson is: It's not MY responsibility?

Huh, yes it is.

We all have Freedom of Choice. Why are so many people making the wrong one when it comes to health?

I think it's the comfort of knowing the good ol' health care system is there for them.

I try to live my life as if there was none.

I believe it's not the government's job or the hospital's to fix someone's bad choices.

The choice of smoking

The choice of doing drugs

The choice of deliberate inactivity

The choice of eating junk food

The choice of not drinking enough water

The choice of consuming too much alcohol

The choice of not getting enough sleep

The choice of.....

You get the picture?

You're not made to be sick, weak and stagnant.

Obviously, some health issues are out of our control but most of them can be avoided with a little common sense.

Choices we make and the responsibility we assume today will pay great dividends in the future.

At least get the fitness and weight loss under control once and for all so you can focus on all the other important things you want to accomplish in your life.

Get started today.

Master Yourself and the choices you make,

Sifu Martin

No comments: