Monday, January 19, 2009

Teen is kung fu and pushup king

I was particularly impressed when I read this article, I thought I would share parts of it with you.

Talk to any parent who has teens in the house and they'll tell you it's not always easy to motivate their kids (even themselves for that matter), especially when it comes to physical training.

There are always exceptions to the rule.

One of our students in Kingston got named Athlete of the Week by the newspaper "Kingston this Week" recently.

At 16, Tristan Euringer recently broke a 40-year pushup record at the Kingston Collegiate and Vocational Institute, doing 55 pushups in one minute.

"Martial arts is an athletic outlet for me, it has been for a long time now" Euringer says.

"For me, kung fu is where mental and physical philosophies merge, and the things that happen between the mind and the body make sense."

One thing for sure, Martial Art Training will give you unusual abilities and strength and endurance are some of them.

He went on to say: "My ultimate goal in the (Fang Shen Do) system is to earn my black sash and continue training and expanding my knowledge of martial arts", "I snowboard as a hobby and do regular daily workouts to keep in shape, but Fang Shen Do is the pillar of my athletic life and I hope to master it."

I think Tristan is setting an excellent example for all of us. There is no limit to what you can accomplish with the right instructor and the right training program in place.

The FSD Fitness Program is designed to transform your body and give you the right mental attitude to tackle any obstacle you might face. At the core of the program you'll find 3 major areas of development:

Progressive Improvement (through the different colored training kits)

Full Commitment (being engaged emotionally and harvesting a never give up attitude)

Full Body (learning to use your body in one unit so every link in the chain is sturdy)

Whether it's setting new fitness records in your school or just setting personal best records in the comfort of your own home, when you train the way we do, lasting results are just around the corner. You can see what I'm talking about here.

Master Yourself,

Sifu Martin

No comments: