Friday, January 16, 2009

It's Louse Time! Involuntary Amnesia

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self-starters, Welcome.

(if you're not new jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon.

You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his British accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

Today's lesson is: Involuntary Amnesia

Be honest, we all suffer from it at times.

Especially a few weeks after the New Year Resolutions are made.

Man oh man were you motivated when you wrote down those goals: "I'm gonna do this and I'm gonna change that. I'm gonna quit smoking. I'm gonna lose weight. I'll spend more time with so and so and I'll show them"

So, how are things coming along?

Made any excuses yet?

Is procrastination kicking in?

Not enough time?

Too busy?

Maybe next year?

We all need to be reminded of what's important to us as well as which commitments we need to stick with this year.

But, are you going to stick with them?

For some the chase is better than the catch, or for others writing the goals is very comforting but we all know writing the goals is only half of the battle. Following through on them is the other.

I want to let you know that if you reach or accomplish just 10% of what you wrote down this year you're in the top percentile of the population who actually do.

The odds are against you.

Do you welcome the challenge?

If you're a martial artist you will, or how about you decide to become one, starting today?

Nothing can stop a determined, focused, passionate, martial artist.

Get-Up and start knocking off those goals one by one.

Master Yourself,

Sifu Martin

P.S. If you want to know more about how to become an unstoppable martial artist, we've included many bonus tools that come free with the purchase of our book "FSD: 10 secrets to building a Rock Solid Martial Art Foundation". You can pick up your free bonuses here.

No comments: