Friday, May 23, 2008

It's Louse Time! Vision

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self-starters, Welcome.

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon. You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his british accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with You every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

Today's lesson was about "VISION".

"A man or woman without vision is like a great stallion without its legs, a lion without its roar, an eagle without its wings"

As a child, you have strong visionary tendencies. You have big dreams of what you'd like to be and ideas of how you might like to "change the world".

Now that you're older what happened to those dreams?

Many have locked those away deep in the back of their minds where they might stay for a very long time.

Have you given up on the foolish notions of youth and learned to be a good, responsible adult and all grown up, because your conclusions now match what the masses seem to have known all along:

"I, as one person, don't really have that much power to make a difference"

"People are lazy and irrational, and nothing's really going to change"

"We have what's given to us"

Have a clear vision for yourself and stick to it. Vision gives us confidence, power, and purpose. Vision gives us the power to venture into the unknown, to blaze new trails, to create what never existed before.

On some level, many people want you to fail, not because they are mean people, but because, if you fulfill on your dreams, they are going to feel even worse that they gave up on their own.

FSD started in my father's imagination when he was about 9 years old.

Make YOUR vision a reality.

Master Yourself,

Sibok Martin

P.S. I said I would give you more info today about a special 500 year old kind of training. The video is now complete and in the duplication stage. Once that is complete I'll let you know how you can get a hold of it.

No comments: