Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Strength Training not so cool

Only you have control over what you feel, what you want and what you think.

Did you ever want to try something new but didn't because you were afraid of how friends, co-workers or family would react? You might want to change how you look, buy a new car, or start your own business but you don't.

Some of you might not pursue the goal of physical fitness because of fear of what your friends or family would say. You might be telling yourself that if you suddenly become fit and toned you'll stand out from your circle of friends who are not.

God forbid you would want to be different from them.

Most won't change a filthy habit because of social pressure.

A big one is to quit smoking. My girlfriend used to be a smoker 8 years ago and actually lost a friend because of it. Weird Huh? I guess some people like to be in a hole and when you decide to climb out of it they take it personally and they become an A- hole.

For me my favorite is when I meet someone from school or an old acquaintance and I ask them: "Hi, what have you been doing?" , and they reply "Oh, F%$#@! All".

Well that's just great I say to myself. It's very popular among alot of people to say that, or that doing nothing seems to be cool. Getting drunk every week seems to be cool. Smoking seems to be cool, being 30 and having big pot bellies seems to be cool. A kind of culture that's okay to be a loser.

Training and physical fitness seems to be not so cool because it takes a bit of effort.

I don't want to be like everybody else. My father taught me a long time ago to zig when people zag or to be a contrarian. If people are going one way I go the other way.

I just know one thing: I want to feel good.

If you have a physical fitness goal, go for it. Let no one steal your motivation. Be smart, tell no one about it and if people start noticing changes in you just say:" That's funny I haven't been doing anything special lately?"

Some things you share and others you keep for yourself.

Let me let you in on a little secret, our strength training kits give you the tools you need to make that fitness goal a reality.

I'm with you on this, pick up your strength training kit right here.

Get out of the hole,

Sibok Martin

No comments: