Friday, February 8, 2008

Are your lungs shrinking?

I'm getting interesting questions from some of you. Although my schedule doesn't allow me to respond to all the e-mails I get, you can try your luck and I might cover it in one of my daily tips.

You should not do your deep breathing before going to bed. Unless, you want to pull an all-nighter. You'll just have too much energy and won't be able to go to sleep.

I usually perform the deep breathing pattern when I wake up in the morning. It just gives me the energy I need to get my engine running.

I also do my deep breathing at other low points in the day. For some it might be right after lunch or when driving back from work.

As you probably know I used to commute to Montreal 3 times a week for 8 years until I dropped it to 2 times a week. For me to go and come back, door to door, with traffic it takes me about 3 1/2 hours.

As soon as I feel a bit drowsy I get to it immediately. 5 seconds inhale, 20 seconds hold, 10 seconds exhale. It works for me 90 % of the time. The other 10 % I need to stop on the side of the road.

Since I usually drive back at night I can allow myself to do things without no one seeing me. Things like sprints, shadow punching, rowing squats, isometric exercises, and car lifts.

You might be wondering about that last one, I'll explain that some other time. If you ever see a guy on the side of the road doing the above that's probably me.

Deep breathing helps with digestion, circulation, energy, fat loss, focus, eliminating toxins in the body, and increasing lung capacity.

Did you know that by the time you get to be 70 years old your lungs will have shrunk by 50%?

That should motivate you to get trainin' now!

Here's the link to get started here.

Master Yourself,

Sibok Martin

P.S Sometimes you just need a bit of creativity and variety in your strength training program to keep you motivated. That's exactly what our strength training kits provide.

No comments: