Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Getting fit again after cancer

It's e-mails like these that really inspire me to do what I do:

----------
Dear Sifu Martin,

First, I would like to tell you how much I love my training with you guys. I only train once a week, and I missed a lot of training days due to my health.

But what I'll tell you right now is that, in only that little amount of time of training I saw so much improvement in myself.

As you know I have been through cancer treatments last year and that is really hard to over come, especially to get fit again. 3 months after my treatments for cancer I tried to pass the PREP test for Policing, but was not able to make it...at all.

Now, about 1 month ago I miss the obstacle part only by .16sec.

This is really great for me to see how much I improved and that tells me that the next time I go, for sure I'll pass it. With your training and my devotion to follow my dream in becoming part of the Ottawa Police Recruit, I know that I'll make it.

Again, thank you for your time and I'll be seeing you all soon.

Sylvie C.
-------------

S.M: Wow Sylvie, it's people like you that give others strength and hope to reach for your fitness goals no matter what the odds. I'm honored and proud of you and may you get your wish.

The way we train is a special thing, see what it can do for you here.

Until next time.

Master Yourself,

Sibok Martin

P.S Set your mind on something and never, ever give up. If you want to share a special story about training with our program like Sylvie send it my way.

No comments: