Friday, February 15, 2008

Functional exercises for weight Loss

Students often ask me how do you develop the strength to do 2 finger one-arm push-ups?

Sibok Martin performing 2 finger one arm push ups
Well I didn't just wake up one day and did them. It was a process. I gradually developed the strength and body awareness to be able to perform that feat of strength.

I remember growing up I was faster, more flexible and more disciplined than all the other kids.

Back in elementary school I won the Award of Excellence in recognition of attaining the highest achievement level in the Canada Fitness Award given by the Hon. Marcel Danis (minister of State) and then Prime Minister Brian Mulroney. Out of over 300 only 2 of us received the highest level in the whole school. I still have the diploma filed away for a souvenir.

When I was in 7th grade I set a Sit-Up record that is still unbroken to this day of 63 sit-ups in 1 minute. And I'm talking real Sit-Ups. From lying on the floor to touching your elbows to your knees and back down touching the floor and repeat.

That same year I skipped rope for the Heart and Stoke Foundation for 21 straight minutes. That's totally doable for anybody but remember I was only 12 years old at the time.

While other kids were playing with G.I. Joes I was leading the stretches in class and teaching kung-fu.

My father first showed me how to do 2 finger push-ups when I was 14 years old. Let's just say there weren't that many other kids in high school that could do them. As in, no one.

Why am I sharing all this?

To show there is no limit to what you can do with a little effort and the right information.

Everything I've ever been able to do physically I owe to what my dad showed me. The training philosophy I was raised with. Our system works and I'm living proof of that.

What we teach in all of our schools is what I do and have done. If you have kids and you want to see them excel in sports and have that edge I strongly recommend you enroll them in a program like ours.

If YOU just want to get stronger and more flexible without wasting your time, invest in our strength training kits. You might of heard the saying: "Don't try to re-invent the wheel".

What you get when you buy the strength training kit is no hype, no B-S, just functional exercises you can use for weight loss, endurance, and flexibility.

You'll find them right here.

Aim Higher,

Sibok Martin

No comments: