Sunday, February 17, 2008

Resting and Sleeping makes you stronger?

Sunday should be for resting, recharging and stepping away from what you usually do during the week so you can come back to it stronger and more committed.

If you want longevity in anything, you have to follow this law.

You can compare over-training to sitting too close to a fire. Soon you'll be blinded by the light and you'll need to step away from it for awhile until you can come back to it.

What I'm saying is you need time to relax, recover, sleep, clear your thoughts and make yourself miss your training. By not training, you strengthen your desire to train and makes you appreciate it even more when you do.

Today that's exactly what I'm doing.

I don't play video games but today my little brother had me play Rock Band on the Xbox. He has the whole set up with the guitar, the mic, and the drums.

We had a blast.

When I step away from my training I still like to improve a physically valuable skill. So he got me to play the drums, it was a great test of coordination and timing.

On another Sunday it might be swimming, snow-boarding, or hiking.

I think this a secret to sticking with your core activity for a life time. Training for over 20 years now, I still feel as excited about strength training today as I did the first time my dad showed me how to do it.

Here's the problem, most people don't have a core activity. An activity that will make everything you do better. There is such an activity. Nothing comes close to what you'll learn in our strength training kits. Try them out here.

Recharge yourself,

Sibok Martin

No comments: