Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Louse Time! Better to prevent than to heal

If you're new to my list of focused, motivated, self-starters, Welcome.
(if you're not (new) jump right away to today's lesson below)

Every day I communicate to you the best ways to train and the kind of mindset it takes to get results either in your physical fitness or martial art training.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon.

You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his british accent: "yes of course".

Since I'm 6 years old that scene has always stuck with me and I'll be using that same strategy with YOU every week.

Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.

Today's lesson is: Better to prevent than to heal.

It's an age old equation: Success is 98% preparation, 2% perspiration.

Alot of people brush off martial arts training by saying: "One day I'll start training" or "I don't really need to learn how to protect myself, I'm not a violent person".

No one signs a contract stating that you'll never be attacked or you'll live until "X" day.
I'd love to say that the world is a non-violent place but unfortunately it is.

From the Manitoba Bus incident to just this past week, 4 house invasions by armed assailants in Ottawa. And that's not counting everything else that doesn't get published in newspapers or covered by the media.

Even Police officers after the Montreal North Riot spanning 15 blocks of mayhem got the officers thinking about continuing and maintaining their training in the areas of personal protection and conditioning. Why do I know this? Many of them joined our program after the event.

What would you do if you were put in those similar situations?

You can't get in a fetal position and wait until someone comes to save you. You'll have to take matters in your own hands.

Knowing how to defend yourself or your family is a skill you never wish to use or experience but the knowledge is there if you're ever threatened and that preparation will give you great confidence if the situation ever arises.

Never get caught un-prepared, Do not push to tomorrow what can be started today. Here's a link to our school page if you haven't gotten started yet.

Master Yourself,

Sibok Martin

No comments: