Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Breaking the Habit - Part 2

Following up on my e-mail yesterday, when I answered J, I didn't get a response until almost one month later.

I was impatiently waiting for a response from him until finally I saw his name in my inbox.

---
Sifu,

It's been almost 3 weeks since my last puff and the cravings are starting to go away.

I've been using vase meditation as a way to relax myself during cravings and I've told my friends that I no longer want to associate myself with smoking and don't want to be around it. They haven't even given me a call.

So it seems the smoke was their main priority in our friendship, too bad. I'm also starting to notice that my energy is coming back as well as my confidence. I've proved that I can do anything now.

Thanks for your help, I mean I'm not completely through this yet but I feel that the hardest part has past. So thank you very much, it was your words that stuck in the back of my mind when I denied countless opportunities to have a smoke.

Now the next step is starting back into training again. I know I will have trouble with breathing at first but in time I'm sure I'll be back where I left off.

Cheers,

J
-----

Hi J,

I was waiting for your reply.

I knew you could do it. Like you said there will always be that little craving but if you're training hard and giving it all you got, you'll squeeze out whatever is left of it.

Do you know how many people can't do what you did?

I'm proud of you.

Hope to see you soon at a seminar or training session so I can congratulate you in person.

Again, keep me posted on your progression.

Right now you need to use this momentum to set some high fitness goals.

Here's a list (these are just examples, I don't want to scare you!)

500 Rowing Squats
1 mile run under 6 minutes
120 push-ups in 2 minutes
Hold Bridge for 3 minutes
Handstand 3 minutes

Replace the old craving with the best craving of all: MASTERY!

Sifu

----

This is why I love to do what I do. Helping people achieve their personal & fitness goals through our martial art system.

The whole purpose of this daily e-mail is to provide you with inspiration, training tips and to share stories that you might connect with. If you have any questions or testimonials about our training system send them my way.

Aim Higher,

Sifu Martin

No comments: